Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weekend Goodness of Street Food Heaven & Brunch









I'd learned how to make delicious traditional garnachas yesterday from a friendly neighbor after locking myself out of my apartment in 30 degree weather...We made over 150 small tortilla cups filled with 100% grass-fed beef, topped with homemade salsa from the beef broth which was then lightly sprinkled with grated cotija cheese and picked pineapple cabbage. Needless to say...it was 110% mouthwatering, street-food, crunchy fried goodness.

(left image: garnachas in the midst of frying)




I've come to realize that my favorite part of the weekend in NYC is the sleeping in til' 1pm, then straight to brunch on a sunny yet freezing day with great company... such great 'non waiting for a table' luck at Cafe d'Alsace (UES) and fulfilling lunch.


(right image: mushroom omelette with comte cheese and a side of single country pork sausage)



No comments: